Nature: Unmatched beauty & Disaster

Hello friends, 


So I got a perfect topic with great timing to discuss this. This is not very new to us, we all are very much aware of the tremendous disaster which had recently taken place in Uttarakhand. All are discussing it and giving it a term, "the act of God", I stop here because I don't agree and for sure many of you will not give it a nod.


I had read an article in one of the local paper, that people were fighting for continuous construction activities and still their cases are continuing in court, I don't want to get into all these because what I believe and the reality is very close i.e. we will talk about it for 3-4 days and then wait for another 5-6 years to let such tragedy happen again or earlier than this because at this pace of human disturbances in nature can bring any other tragedy very soon. Well, I want to point on the sheer humbug behavior of concerned authorities. They do not allow local people to even cleave leaves, then it is usual to ask the question, how are you allowing others to make tunnels, dams on so sensitive spots. We by sitting here won't get to know what the actual situation is over there but it's pretty much clear that serious action should be taken by concerned authorities and this is what we all wanted.


Development is a necessity, no doubt in it, but wait and ask ourselves is such a kind of advancement needed, leaving nature behind? Even if one tries to do so the result is very known to us. Nature knows how to teach a lesson, better than your favorite school days teacher. So, better get up, take small steps. Nature follows the simple rule of,

                                    I will treat you the same, way you treat me.


Comments

Post a Comment